Without a doubt, COVID-19 is the black swan, and the world is currently trying to figure a way out. Embracing the new normal was not easy for several organizations, and thus many sectors were severely affected by this pandemic.
Few enterprises were technologically capable of developing and shifted to a digital platform to continue their business. However, all the organizations faced problems when it came to management.
Even the senior-most managers having decades of experience were unable to handle their teams remotely. COVID was solely responsible for several enterprises going out of business as they could not deal with the management's challenges.
The challenges that managers face differ from industry to industry. In this blog, you will learn about the 13 Reasons why managing remote call center agents is challenging during covid-19. After in-depth research, we were able to narrow down the challenges faced by several organizations. They are as follows:
1. Monitoring the outcome, result, or productivity of an employee has become one of the managers' main challenges.
This type of problem was entirely new for the managers as they were hard-wired to keep the tabs on the employees in real-time. Call centers work in a predictable environment with known seasonal changes, but the changes are hard to follow because of the corona.
2. To flourish in the post-COVID-19 world, call centers are forced to accept elevating communication over the phone to the evolutionary level.
They are needed to adopt innovative methods highly scalable, powered by advanced automation, offer excellent security, and efficiently support human operators.
3. As the number of employees has significantly reduced, offering adequate services to the customers has become challenging.
A lot of employees were advised to stay at home due to corona obstructing quality service. Several companies already had a work-from-home component in their call centers; they viewed it as supplemental to their core strategy. Now, more and more, work-from-home opportunities are emerging as the road to the new normal.
4. Technological glitches cause hindrance to work.
Getting used to working on a digital platform could be a challenge for employees.
5. Misleading or no new trends can cause the market to crash.
Managing the company's face and keeping a positive review without physical interaction with the client could be a challenge for several organizations.
6. Work from home is not efficient for new employees.
They need adequate training to start working at the new organization.
7. Trust issues and low confidence of managers about their new remotely working employees.
Lack of self-efficacy for managing remote work.
8. Lack of face to face supervision
9. Lack of guidance from superiors and information.
10. Social isolation can cause a lack of enthusiasm to work.
11. Constant distraction at home.
12. The feeling of belonging no longer exists due to work-from-home.
13. No mentor-mentee relationship between manager and employee due to a lack of in-real-life interaction.
To cope-up with such problems, organizations and enterprises need help. To learn more about delivering a superior customer experience for your customers, clients, and prospects, contact us today.
One Contact Center offers call center support and BPO services for small businesses to startups and international brands.
If you’re keen on boosting your customer experience with reliable support services, please, contact us today. We’ll be more than happy to help.