Businesses across different sectors have been hit by the coronavirus in one way or the other.
While industries like traditional retail, manufacturing, travel, and hospitality may feel like they are tail spinning into chaos, other sectors such as health, ecommerce, and online gaming, among others may feel like new doors are being opened for them. But we can all agree that businesses across the board are dealing with one or more challenges that may significantly impact their customer confidence, loyalty, engagement, and entire customer experience.
How Did Customer Experience Change During this Pandemic?
Global lockdowns, social distancing, remote working, and a few other policies and measures have been taken in the wake of the coronavirus. For industries in different sectors, this has put significant pressure and disruption on the global supply chain, causing product shortages, among other things. While companies are thrown into chaos and actively looking to innovate and stay afloat, there’s also a need to address consumer confidence that has also nosedived due to the recent happenings.
Infographic showing how coronavirus has impacted customer experience. (Image Credit: Forbes, 2020)
Various studies and research has been done to ascertain the impact of COVID-19 on consumer behavior as well as customer loyalty, confidence, retention, and entire customer experience.
Here are what we know so far;
- 71% of consumers will lose trust in a brand forever if they feel like the brand is putting profit over people, according to Edelman COVID-19 Trust Barometer. Therefore, empathy is key now, more than it’s ever been.
- According to Prosper Insights & Analytics, more consumers are inclined to online shopping. While about 30% more of consumers plan to shop more online, 33% of consumers between 18 to 24 years, and 28% of consumers above 65 years plan to shop more online.
- As much as 95% of consumers want businesses to provide significant health and safety measures such as social distancing and other physical protection measures.
Investing in Customer Experience to Make a Difference
Customer experience remains a key differentiator for brands, even in the age of COVID-19.
And as evident, many brands, from Netflix to Amazon with excellent customer service reputation are already thriving amid the pandemic, albeit without overlooking the impact their business model may have on this success.
However, two key areas need optimum focus, considering the current reality in the business world. These include customer engagement and customer loyalty.
The problem is that while most small businesses across different industries may lack the resources needed to assemble an all-star customer service team like the Amazons of this world, working with a dedicated call center and support agency like One Contact Center (OCC) will make a world of difference.
How Call Center Companies Can Help Improve Brand Customer Experience
Since customer experience is key to brand image and reputation, hiring a dedicated call center agency like One Contact Center can have a range of benefits and brand implications such as;
- Personalized customer support and services for improved customer satisfaction
- Decreased call abandonment and improved customer engagement
- Reduced cost for improved services for cost-effectiveness and profitability
- Call analysis for feedback and service improvements, etc.
Companies that prioritize customer experience will benefit from the improved customer loyalty and retention benefits that come with this. If you’re looking to add more value to your customers, you can easily contact us at One Contact Center to start providing extra values through every point of your customer interactions.
One Contact Center – Making Your Customers Happy Is Our Hobby
Learn what we do naturally to improve customer experience, brand loyalty, retention, increase in revenue and lower costs. Email me: firstname.lastname@example.org or call me 1(513) 510 0604.